Athena - Book Repairs and Restorations
$200.00 Coming soon
Once a month, we run an open course in repairs and restoration of books. Each session is tailored to the specific book/project you bring in.
Bring your repair work, paper-backed, leather and cloth-bound books.
What kind of work can you expect to do?
• Accessing the damage and making decision on what to repair, restore or renew.
• Paper repairs in the context of repairs both in situ and to flat documents.
• Re-backs and repairs to bound books and flat works on paper
• Colouring of cloth and paper
• Repair to corners will also be covered
• Paper repairs will be undertaken where necessary including the repair of dust jackets.
• Repair of documents and plates
• Dry clean paper and cloth
• paper repairs including in-filling and lining
• Tone paper and cloth
• Repairs to leather bound books
You will get to use all the tools required in the Bindery, some materials supplied. Isabelle can help you select materials and discuss how to apply them for your project. Practice and perfect the techniques you have been shown.
Time: 9.30 - 4.00pm
Some materials and tools are supplied at the Bindery, along with self-serve tea, coffee and biscuits. Lunch - toasted sandwiches can be pre-ordered.
Please note: This is a technical Course. No experience necessary, but the workshop requires a certain level of capability and confidence in using sharp instruments and being able to follow verbal instructions is expected.
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Written and delivered by Isabelle Ting McGowan © 2020 Isabelle Ting McGowan. All rights reserved.