Leonardo - Sketch Book Making - 29th April 2020
$50.00 - $150.00
TUTOR: Isabelle Ting McGowan
DATES: Wednesday 29th April 2020
TIME: 10.30am. – 2.30pm
Should have completed a Beginner's Bookbinding Class
Learn how to make beautiful handmade sketchbooks for either your own personal use as a journal, sketch-book or notebook; or give them as a much appreciated gift to a loved one. A perfect and unique present at any time of the year.
You will create a handmade book Traditional Botanical style sketchbook using artist grade 250gsm paper, specialist book cloth and beautiful decorative papers.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
• Sew book sections together to make a book block
• Create hard covers
• Go home with a beautiful handmade books and learn skills you can repeat over again.
Keeping a Sketchbook
• A sketchbook is a working document, a set of visual notes. It is a personal document that is a learning and recording tool.
• Sketchbooks are not just for drawing practice but can be used for writing down inspirational ideas when they arise, filing snippets of useful information, organization and a myriad of other functions that are purely for personal use.
• As time passes you will end up with a collection of sketchbooks that act a record of your design life, a diary of design experience. As well as charting how your drawing improves over time, a sketchbook is a record of ideas that you may wish to return to for future projects.
• Never worry about the mistakes; enjoy the sketches you are please with. Include written notes, diagrams and anything else that will help you to remember experiences.
All materials and tools are supplied at the Bindery
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Holding deposit confirms your place and are non-refundable. Should you change your mind, it is transferable within 12 months onto another course or in credit for materials and tools. You will receive an invoice for the rest of the amount owing 2 weeks before the commencement of class.
Workshop written and delivered by Isabelle Ting McGowan © 2018 Isabelle Ting McGowan. All rights reserved.