Relief Block Printing - Introduction to Lino and Rubber Blocks - 14th October 2021
$150.00 Coming soon
Discovering printmaking for the first time with this inspiring and practical course.
Isabelle will be brimming with experimental, arresting and beautiful examples of pattern printmaking, it will take your creativity further and awaken new ideas.
During this workshop you will learn how to:
i) Design and carved rubber and Lino blocks, turning them into arresting patterns and designs.
ii) Create multiple sheets of decorative papers to take home as well as cards and quirky paraphernalia.
• Packed with new ideas, methods and tips on carving rubber and Lino blocks, creating beautiful patterns and printing them.
• To gain an introduction to block print as a medium
• Develop some simple design for block printing
• Demonstration techniques for block carving
• Print onto card and paper with printing ink
• Learn new skills or build on existing skills in printmaking
Date: 14th October 2021
Time: 9.30am - 3.30pm
All materials and tools are supplied at the Bindery, along with self-serve tea, coffee and biscuits. Lunch - toasted sandwiches can be pre-ordered.
Please note: This is a technical workshop: No experience necessary, but the workshop requires a certain level of capability and confidence in using sharp instruments and being able to follow verbal instructions is expected.
No experience necessary
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Workshop written and delivered by Isabelle McGowan © 2020 Isabelle McGowan. All rights reserved.